The UAE is a country that attracts a lot of investors. It is also a favorite choice by those who are seeking for a new home. Some of the reasons are its tax-free economy, luxurious and comfortable lifestyle, political stability, lots of opportunities for business and the ease of setting it up. Before you set up a new business in Dubai, it is required for you to obtain a residency visa.
There are several conditions for a foreigner to apply for a residence visa. Most of these conditions have something to do with the nationality of the foreigner. The following requirements have to be fulfilled when obtaining the residence permit in Dubai:
- The residence visa is necessary when performing several corporate actions such as opening a bank account or purchasing certain goods such as an automobile.
- If the residence visa is obtained within employment, the employer will be the one to apply for the residence visa on behalf of the foreign employee.
- The validity of the passport when applying for the residence visa must be 6 months.
- Citizens whose nationalities are not of the Gulf Cooperation Council countries must obtain a residence visa before they move to Dubai.
There are new requirements for obtaining a residence visa in Dubai. Those foreign citizens who are obtaining the residence visa through employment must also obtain a certificate of good conduct. They are also requested to provide email addresses for the local authorities to use when informing them of their visas.
Ways of Obtaining a Residence Visa in Dubai
- If you plan to purchase a real estate with a value of 1 million Dirhams in Dubai and any other emirate, it is required that you obtain a residence visa.
- When you get into an employment visa, you must obtain this along with the employment visa. The employer will be the one to perform the process which will take 2 to 3 weeks.
- The easiest way is through the incorporation of your company in the UAE. It will take only a couple of weeks and the cost is relatively low. It is not required for the business to perform a particular activity. It may have a formal business. This is valid for three years and it can be renewed. There is a choice of setting up a company onshore which will require a local sponsor who will own 51 percent of the shares or setting it up in a free zone with 100 percent foreign ownership and without the need of a sponsor.
Obtaining a Residence Visa for Dubai for Family Members
Most of the foreign citizens aim to obtain residence visas for their family members too. They are allowed to apply for residence visas for their spouses, children, and even parents for as long as they meet certain criteria. The foreigner must have a salary of at least 4,000 AED or 3,000 AED to be able to apply a residency visa for spouse and children while AED 10,000 salary is required for foreigners who will obtain residency visas for parents. It is required of the holder of the residence visa to file for entry residence visas for the family members for whom he or she is applying the visas.
Documents Required for the Residence Visa
A foreigner who is applying for a residence visa is required to submit the following documents: copies of the valid passports, marriage license, driver’s license, and birth certificate. It is also possible for the authorities to request for details on previous jobs and references from other employers. The applicant also has to undergo a medical exam. A medical exam is also required during visa renewal.
Residence Visa Costs
The costs in obtaining a residency visa depend on the type of permit to be acquired. The costs may imply the following:
- Medical certificate fees after the medical examination
- Bank fees and fees required for the Labor Ministry to approve the work visa
- The fee for obtaining the e-residence permit or for changing the expired visa
- The service fees which include the visa processing fee, and also the knowledge and innovation fees.
If you have to obtain a UAE residence visa and you want it fast and with no hassles, you can find a company that can help you with the process. Choose one that has extensive experience and network. To apply for a resident visa in the UAE, please contact HBS Dubai.