The concerns on the cost of living in Dubai and the UAE is the same for residents of other countries. It is a personal concern for someone who intend to become resident in Dubai.
One of the popular concerns of expats living in Dubai is the rising cost of education. Some expats also complain about the rising costs of housing rent and groceries.
The following information lists down the housing rent costs in Dubai:
· Monthly rent for an 85 m2 (900 sq ft) and furnished accommodation in a highly expensive area is 8,053 Dirham
· Monthly rent for an 85 m2 (900 sq ft) and furnished accommodation in a regular location is 6,243 Dirham
· Utilities good for one month (heating, gas, and electricity) for 2 consumers in an 85m2 flat
· Monthly rent for a 45 m2 (480 sq ft) furnished studio type apartment in a highly expensive area is 6,259 Dirham
· Monthly rent for a 45 m2 (480 sq ft) furnished studio type apartment in a regular location is 4,460 Dirham
· Utilities good for one month (heating, gas, and electricity) for 1 consumer in a 45 m2 (480 sq ft) is 515 Dirham
Transportation is also a basic need for any resident of Dubai. It is also a factor of an individual's cost of living. The following information featured the possible expenses of a Dubai resident:
· A new Volkswagen Golf 1.4 TSI 150 CV (or any equivalent) without any extras is 78,890 Dirham
· 1 liter (1/4 gallon) gas is 2.28 Dirham
· Taxi fare on a business or work day, basic tariff, for 8 km (5 mi) is 33 Dirham
· Monthly ticket public transport 288 Dirham
The trick for you to become resident in Dubai and surviving Dubai’s standard cost of living is to avoid impulsive buying. Consumers are vulnerable to retail therapy and desiring for a particular item every now and then. But it’s better to stick to one’s budget. It helps not to be in competition with peers in terms of travels and latest acquisitions. The following information lists down the entertainment costs in Dubai:
· 2 tickets to the movies cost 78 Dirham
· A cocktail drink in a club downtown costs 70 Dirham
· 2 tickets to the theatre with the best seats cost 364 Dirham
· Cappuccino in an expat area within the city costs 2 Dirham
· Basic dinner meals for two people in a neighborhood pub is at 186 Dirham
· Dinner for two people in an Italian restaurant with the expat area inclusive of appetizers, main course, wine, and dessert costs 366 Dirham
· One bottle of beer (500 ml or 1 pt) in a neighborhood pub costs 43 Dirham
· Gym membership for 1 month within a business district 448 Dirham
If you want to know more about the requirements and some tips about how to become resident in Dubai, come and visit our page.